Tuesday, January 27, 2015

EXCITED to begin!!!


It is so fun to see the connection between reading and writing. After my daughters learned their letters, I took time to focus on special characters they find in stories. We practiced altering our faces when we saw a question mark, taking a breath at a comma or period, and making different voices when we saw quotation marks. One of my favorite times was when we talked about exclamation marks, which are my daughter's favorite. She calls them "excited marks" and uses them frequently. She makes cards for birthdays, which appropriately say 'Happy Birthday!!!' and her daily writing includes 'I Love You!!!'. Even when in trouble, she likes to write notes that say 'I'm sorry!!!'. To her, there's never a time that it's not appropriate to be excited. So...here we go!!! I am excited to share so many endless ways to read and write collaboratively!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment